Saturday, March 24, 2012
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Sustainable by all means.
Mombasa (Kenya) is the location where this unique prototype was conceived. Details are outlined from their Facebook page.
30th January 2011
The african bull dog is a Kenyan Built Off Road 4X4 Vehicle and MPV; This car is built for every day use, it can be used in farms as a produce cart, or even as an ambulance at Marsabit desert to provide emergency care to the forgotten communities and as a truck to ferry drugs to those remote places that you have never heard of!; With ample backing, the African Bulldog can do for Kenya what the Citroen 2CV did for France and the V.W Beetle for Germany!
Heino Autoworx is a Leading 4x4 vehicle workshop based in Mombasa at the Mtwapa Creek, Kenya. We have been involved in the maintenance of 4x4 vehicles and S.U.Vs for years and we decided to push the boundaries.
The African Bull Dog is the brain child of Engineer Heino, he has a vast experience in the automotive and boat industry. The crew has been working tirelessly to ensure that we meet our target and we build a vehicle that meets the standards of the 4X4s we work on on a daily basis.
4X4 Extreme Efficient Performance!
This is an African Phenomenon for 2011. Below are the stats straight from the makers mouth describing this awesome beast.
"Bailey Cars took the Bold and Brave step of building a current day Prototype car in 2009. Its taken 2 years of intense design and manufacture to produce this master piece of south African engineering.
The car has had many firsts for South Africa such as full carbon Tub, full CFD body design and building a car to the A.C.O Le Mans 24 hours regulations
The car is available to customers who would like to compete in sports car racing throughout the world in events such as ALMS, Le Mans series, Asian Le Mans Series and even the South African Le Mans Series and RSA GT challenge.
· Carbon composite monocoque chassis
· Monocoque certified to all ACO and FIA structural and crash standards
· Adjustable pedal box and steering column
· Safety equipment includes 6-point lightweight seat belt harness
· Plumbed in fire extinguisher system
· 460hp maximum as regulated by ACO
· The engine must be made in a minimum of 1000 units in 12 consecutive months and must come, either from a grand touring car, Or from a large production car.
· Choice of homologated BMW, Lexus, Toyota or Nissan 5000 cm3 8 cylinders maximum. maximum
· Or 3200 cm3 forced induction engine with max 6 cylinders
· Diesel not allowed in LMP
· Double wishbone layout all round
· Pushrod rocker type with damper and coil over spring all round
· Third-spring option for front and rear suspension
· Frictionless bearing seals all round
· Same upright all round
· Angular-contact wheel bearings all round
· Chromoly steel-fabricated TIG-welded wishbones
· Quick adjustable ride height, camber, and toe
· electrically power assisted rack-and-pinion
· 90-litre bladder type fuel cell
· Dual Low-pressure fuel lifts pump plus dual high-pressure pumps
· Ricardo sequential-shift gearbox
· Six forward speeds plus reverse with torque input capacity in excess of 500 Nm
· Adjustable gear ratios
· Paddle shift as standard
· Gear oil cooling system
· All body panels of lightweight infused epoxy glass composite construction
· AP Racing six-piston aluminum calipers all round
· 380 mm diameter ventilated discs front and rear
· Full carbon brake set up as option
Wheels and Tyres
· Wheel dimensions 11”wide x 18” diameter front
· 13” wide x 18” diameter rear
· 3 piece wheels
· Centre lock and anti loosen to FIA standards
· 1 water radiators
· 8-litre dry sump oil tank
· Twin engine all cooler
· Twin Electric oil scavenge pump
· 1 intercooler
· Driver air-conditioning system
· Military-spec chassis wiring loom
· FIA-regulation emergency power cut-off switch
· External start jump plug
· Digital dash display and with full data logging
· Xenon headlamps
· Minimum weight as specified by ACO 900kg excluding driver and fuel
Bailey - Beautifully Engineered Cars
Monday, November 28, 2011
The official unveiling of Uganda's first electric car was marked by the President of Uganda, HE Yoweri K Museveni taking a drive in the lime green, 2 seat ,right hand drive vehicle. The Kiira EV as is its name is a proof of concept that showcases the brave new direction the development team wants to explore in the further. The team is to develop a production concept 30 seat commuter bus by 2013.
More information about the development in detail on the following link
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Following is an exert from an online news journal that covered the public test drive of the KIIRA EV, Uganda's first electric car.
MAKERERE University has successfully tested the first electric car to be made in Uganda. The two seated car is a project by the College of Engineering, Design, Art and Technology.............
The Kiira EV does not use fuel. The front-wheel drive has 18 horse-power and can reach top speeds of 60km per hour.